Obama: Outing Secrets is the Media’s 'Job'

Barack Obama, the Democratic senator from Illinois, claimed on yesterday’s Hannity & Colmes, that it is the job of the New York Times to expose secret government programs. In an exclusive interview with Alan Colmes, Senator Obama responded to a question having to do with the President’s response to the New York Times article; An article in which they exposed the SWIFT financial tracking program. This was his advice to President Bush: "I would advise the president to be cautious about beating up on the press for doing their job. ... My attitude is, let the press do its job and that, you know, in fact a lot of the problems that have arisen in terms of leaks and so forth have to do with just the extraordinary unwillingness of the president and this administration to commit itself to any kind of oversight, from anybody. I mean, it's not just that they don't want the New York Times leaking stories about their activities. They also don't want to share it with Congress" -H&C Video-

Oh, so now it’s job of the mainstream media to make foreign policy decisions and provide viable intelligence to our enemies. I never knew that was the case but now I’m glad that I know how he views the seriousness of National Security. Honestly, that is probably one of the scariest statements I’ve heard from a Democrat in a long time. Let me clue you in on something Barack; it’s not the job of the New York Times or any other newspaper to expose secret programs, especially those that are completely legal and effective, to the public.


And they wonder why people view them as being weak on terror. Not only did Obama claim that newspapers have authority when it comes to American foreign policy but he tried to blame George Bush for causing the leaks in the first place. He’s basically saying that because the Commander-in-Chief wishes to keep a legal and effective secret-program a secret, he is forcing those people who wish not to keep the secret-program a secret, to expose it. That’s liberal logic for ya…

Furthermore, Barack dodged the opportunity to denounce John Murtha for his slandering of American Marines. He pretended as if he didn’t know anything about the story. When asked if John Murtha said it, (“it” means calling US Marines cold blooded killers), in the right way, this is how the Illinois senator reacted: "I don’t have the exact quotes in front of me. What I know is, here’s a guy who served our country… I would never second guess John Murtha. I think he’s somebody who knows in which he speaks." [And here I thought the Democrats were trying to paint Barack Obama as the big rising star of their Party. He looks like the typical Democrat to me…Blame Bush, praise treason, and support attacks on the military.]