Triple Story Saturday

Patsy Ramsey Dead; Divine Justice?

ATLANTA (AP)Patsy Ramsey, whose 6-year-old daughter JonBenet's 1996 slaying has never been solved, died Saturday after a recurrence of ovarian cancer, her lawyer said. She was 49.

It was widely believed that JonBenet’s parents were in some way involved in the murder of their daughter. The case has yet to be solved and likely will never get the closure that it deserves. Maybe Patsy Ramsey was a recipient of “Divine” or “Poetic” Justice?



World Cup

I have played soccer since I was 5 years old and I currently play at the collegiate level. So I was disappointed when team USA was sent packing in the first round. However, I do lay some of the blame on the incompetent FIFA referees who gypped the United States on more than one occasion this year…and even in 2002. It’s been one bullshit call after another. From the Germany game in 2002, the two uncalled-for red cards vs. Italy, to the PK given to Ghana that decided our final game.

Anyway, my favorite international team is Argentina and my favorite player is Crespo. Obviously I would love for them to make it to the final game but I wouldn’t mind seeing other squads win the World Cup. Italy, Germany, merry ole England…they are the teams I’m rooting for. I hate Mexico, and it goes without saying that I hate France…



Republican Candidate Blames Satan

Republican congressional hopeful John Jacob of Utah is accusing the devil of trying to sabotage his campaign to beat incumbent Representative Chris Cannon by foiling his business deals. Since announcing his candidacy, Jacob has had numerous business deals tank, preventing him from contributing as much money to the campaign as he had planned.

Jacob tells The Salt Lake Tribune's editorial board that his misfortune can't be blamed on anything except Satan, saying, "I don't know who else it would be if it wasn't him. Now when that gets out in the paper, I'm going to be one of the screw-loose people."

Well, the crazy train has steam-rolled its way into Utah. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being bat-shit crazy (Pat Robertson), and 1 being mildly insane… this guy is about a 7.