Shock: Jesse Jackson Will Vote for Obama

He does know that Obama is only half-black, right?

The Rev. Jesse Jackson told my colleague Ryan Grim today that he'll cast his vote for Barack Obama. Grim emails: Rev. Jesse Jackson, a two-time presidential candidate and influential Democrat, told The Politico today that he plans to vote for Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) in the Democratic primary.

“He’ll get my vote,” said Jackson, who has also warned Obama not to take the black vote for granted. In January, he spoke highly of Obama in an interview with CNN but stopped short of an endorsement.

Phew, that’s a relief! I was afraid he was going to vote for the white she-devil or one of us evil Nazi-cons.

-Seriously though, I hate to be the one to tell you Dems this... but Obama is going to be a non-factor when it comes down to the actual presidential nomination. I really hope you’re not pinning your presidential dreams on a man who has less experience than a middle school hall monitor.