Maximus

Last year we were forced to put my dog Ace (from Ace Ventura) to sleep after 13 years of fun, mayhem and love. He was a 90 lb. golden Lab.

When we put him down, I really thought that I would never be able to bring another animal into the house because of the pain after he died. But luckily, as chance would have it, we were offered a puppy by a family friend.

I have to admit that I was skeptical at first. However, that skepticism was short lived.

I have never seen a more beautiful dog in my entire life. And the name just fit. –Maximus. At first we thought that he was a German Shepherd/Blue Heeler mix but it could be half rottweiler.

The little guy is fast and he hops around like a jack rabbit. He is only 4 months old but already his personality is beginning to show. And with dogs, that is the most important thing with me. That is the main reason I don’t like training a dog.