My Playstation 3 Does Not Turn On

Oh, what a glorious fucking day!

In the middle of a game (Call of Duty: World at War), my PS3 made a poof sound and then shut off. And now it does not want to turn back on.

It tries to turn on but all it can muster is 3 beeps, half a second of cooling fan and that’s it. -Just one solid red light. I can’t even eject the game from the console.

I have no idea what happened. I doubt it overheated because I was only online for about 5 minutes. I’ve tried looking through gaming forums to find an answer to why it won’t turn on but there isn’t any credible information out there. The Playstation manual is of no help either.

I have a warranty from SONY as well as Gamestop. So, hopefully I can simply exchange my PS3 for a new one without hassle. I sure as hell don’t want to wait two weeks to get it fixed by SONY.